October 15 to 27, 2017
GARDENS OF JAPAN
Experience the Beautiful Gardens and the Extraordinary Culture of Japan
Co-sponsored by the Horticultural Society of Maryland and Federated Garden Clubs of Maryland’s Gardenholics Tours
This coming October, join us as we cross the Pacific to visit the extraordinary gardens of Japan with Robert F. McDuffie, Landscape Architect and owner of MCDUFFTOURS LLC. For two weeks in early autumn, experience Japan’s ultra modern culture—one that is deeply rooted in antiquity—while visiting some of the most beautiful gardens in the world.
The dates are October 15 to 27, 2017, and the cost per person is $5,950 (double occupancy). This includes non-stop round trip flights direct from Dulles to Japan. We will also ride the Bullet Train and spend time in Kyoto, Nara, Hakone, Kamakura and Tokyo.
Some highlights of the trip include:
- Shunka-en Bonsai Museum in Tokyo
- The Great Buddha at Kotokuin Temple
- Hakone Open Air Museum
- The elegant and sublime Golden and Silver Pavilions
- Ryoanji Temple with its famous rock garden
- The Heian Shrine and Nijo Castle
- Kiyomizu Temple that soars high above Kyoto
- Ancient temples and gardens of Nara
- Kyoto’s famous Moss Garden
- Special cultural experiences
You won’t want to miss this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Visit mcdufftours.com/2017 to learn more. This link will take you to a video of what you can expect to see.
Please contact HSM trip organizer Karen Offutt at 410-771-4799 or firstname.lastname@example.org. She can send you a copy of the trip’s itinerary and registration details.
For more information or to register, please contact Robert McDuffie at email@example.com or call 540-818-0154.